Investing in essential styles that incorporate cues from the biggest trends of Spring/Summer 2017, as well as more practical, no-fail solutions to smart dressing, is the best way to reboot your wardrobe for the season. Here, I’ve rounded up my top six picks to breathe life into a wearable closet, providing both on-trend and classic value. These pieces are sure to take you from brunch to courtside, and everywhere in between this spring.
- The trophy blouse has been spotted on numerous runways for SS17 and is a favored pairing to a sleek pencil skirt or high-waisted trouser. This pale pink Rebecca Taylor Pop Pleat Top is the perfect staple.
- Cream and optic white make a chic statement this season. Opt for an A-line style with embellishments like this Barbonne Floral Skirt for a standout piece you’ll treasure for years to come.
- The go-anywhere-jumpsuit in classic navy and black, with the added SS17 panel play trend on this chic Whistles Jasmine Cutout Jumpsuit is a piece to love and wear again and again.
- The wear-with-all silk blouse meets statement sleeve in this J.Crew Silk Bell-Sleeve Top makes for a pretty staple to partner with brocade, pleats, and bangles.
- A statement skirt that combines utilitarian edge with feminine flare like this Alexis Tie-Waist ruffle midi-skirt is an unexpected staple you’ll reach for on multiple occasions.
- The classic fit & flare dress in this season’s hero color, yellow, is a fresh pick that’s also timeless. Choose a gorgeous floral option like this Lela Rose Citrine Dress .